Saturday, August 25, 2012

Olan/Ashgourd and pumpkin in coconut milk

I am not an Ashgourd lover. Haven't cooked with ashgourd for years, simply put this way, we don't buy it.  Recently my Mom handed me this recipe. When I found it was such an effortless curry to make as well as delicious have been making it since without fail. It has a subtle sweet texture of its own and goes so well with masala laden curries. Oh! coconut cream in tins make it really easy. Thanks to Eastern coconut cream. Previously I have used many coconut milk tins without success.



Ingredients
Ashgourd - 1/2 kg
Pumpkin - 1/4 kg
Green chillies slit - 4-5
Coconut milk - 1/2 of a coconut (I used Eastern Coconut Cream tin 200 mL)
Coconut oil - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 sprig



Cut ashgourd and pumpkin into cubes. Cook ashgourd, pumpkin, and green chillies along with water till it is done. Pour coconut cream or coconut milk according to your consistency. Once the coconut cream/milk gets heat up, immediately switch off the stove. Pour some coconut oil and curry leaves on top of the curry.


3 comments:

  1. wow....simple yummy delicious ;luking olan......I have not paired olan this way. will try it next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks delicious & mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...