Monday, December 24, 2012

T-Bone steak with mushroom sauce and boiled veggies


I love steaks and have to admit it's a pricey affair. The Keralite in me cannot digest the steakhouse terms  of medium rare, rare, etc., etc. For me always it has to be perfectly done. The mushroom sauce to pour on top was too good and I could not resist it when it was cooked. So speaking of T-bone it  is all masked with mushroom sauce and boiled veggies. I believe you can see partly sliced beef meat there. So here goes the recipe for a cheap steakhouse indulgence. Pair it with wine and you will save some rupaiyya in your pockets.


Ingredients for steak
T-Bone steak  for 3 people
Freshly cracked pepper/pepper powder
Salt
Canola oil



Method
Rub steak with salt and pepper powder. Keep this for 1/2 an hour. Add oil in a pan, when it is smoking hot, add steak. Reduce heat and fry them for 5 minutes on each side. Now place this in an oven at 160 degrees for 7-8 minutes. Steak to a Malayali perfection (consistency) - well done is ready.

MUSHROOM SAUCE TO POUR OVER THE STEAK
Button mushrooms - 200 gm
Garlic - 1 clove
Salt
Pepper powder
Cream
Butter

Method
Heat butter in a pan, saute garlic and mushrooms. Don't overcook mushrooms. Add salt and pepper powder according to your taste levels. Now add cream and stir continuously. Let the heat pass through the cream. Don't allow it to boil. Mushroom sauce is ready to pour over the steak.

Enjoy your steak with boiled veggies, sweet cherry tomatoes, and Merlot. 

1 comment:

  1. It was the same with me - had to have my steaks perfectly done. But now that I am over it, I should say steaks taste better and less chewy when they are medium or medium-well done. You should give it a go sometime :)

    I love steak with pepper rub....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...