Thursday, June 7, 2012

How to make healthy tomato Soup

I always tried to recreate at home the tomato soup, which I devoured once at a restaurant named Bimbis. I missed that taste then and there and couldn't do the same. Always craved for the real taste I had there. I never knew taste buds were so sharp until one day it was recreated again by my husband from Umi Abdullah's book. It was an instant WOW and ever since it has been a FAMILY FAVORITE.

I made twists and turns to make it more healthier to watch my waistline. I could almost get the same taste when I replaced butter with olive oil, white bread with brown bread, etc.

If you are not calorie conscious or feeding the soup to your kids, sure you can have that blob of butter and cream to make it rich and even more tastier.

                                                                Healthy tomato soup



Ingredients:-

Ripe tomatoes (roughly chopped) - 500 gms

Carrot (roughly chopped) -1

Potato (roughly chopped) -1 

Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp

Sugar - 1 tsp

Croutons made of 2 bread slices (use whole wheat bread)

Olive oil to fry croutons

Salt as needed


Goodness of vegetables


Variety of vegetables in different colors




Method

Pressure cook tomatoes, potato, carrot, salt in 1 cup of water for 1 whistle. After releasing the pressure, blend well (use hand blender if you have one). Now add some water to make it the desired consistency. I usually add 2-3 cups of water. Now add pepper powder, sugar, salt if required and boil for another 6 minutes. Serve hot with whole wheat croutons.

Note: Add croutons only while serving, otherwise it can go soggy. 


A bowl of goodness


I am sending this to Deep @ http://www.deepsrecipes.com/p/events.html

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...